We officially arrived at summer at 5:43 pm today in the Northern Hemisphere, this is known as the summer solstice. It is the longest day of the year. If you are in a location where there is sunshine and clear skies, activities coupled with social distancing maybe endless and enjoyable. To celebrate the longest day of the year, here are few good activities despite the looming cloud of COVID-19.
- Relax at a beach house with private beach front property. This allows you to enjoy the beach and still practice social distancing.
- Kickoff a backyard cookout or find a park that is reserving tables and practicing social distancing.
- Have an evening bonfire with family all way maintaining a safe distance. Be creative with the setup. Celebrate with wine and liquor and summer finger food.
- If you live in a high rise with nice view, then put lights on your balcony and enjoy the night star gazing with a nice adult beverage.
- Enjoy a picnic in an open field surrounded by flowers.
- Take some timeout and go fishing at a lake, pond, or pier.
- Take pleasure in an outdoor evening or night movie on the lawn.
- Setup some lawn chairs and play a game of spades with family.
- Go camping at a campground that offers social distancing setups and layouts.
- Arrange a virtual wine night and play online bingo with friends and family.
These are just a few ways of welcoming summer and taking advantage of the long day. Moreover, it is an opportunity to breath in fresh air, shake off the indoor of the past couple of months, and regain some sanity.